Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Peanutbutter Wiki

I want to recommend a site call pbwiki or PeanutButter wiki. It is a place where you can get your own wiki and do with it what you want. You can make it private (which means that you must enter a password in order to look at it) or it can be public (anyone can look, but you need the password to update).

Why should you get your own wiki? Good question. I use mine to record writing ideas. I think of a lot of ideas for articles to write (yea, yea ... I don't follow through on many), but I don't ever write them down and they are soon lost in the ether of my mind. Now I have a place where I can write them down (as long as I have access to a computer and the web).

I think it could be used for some interesting collabrative writing projects. Haven't done anything like that yet, but I have some ideas (lots of ideas ...).

The nicest thing about it is that it's free. You can also pay money and get a premium account, but you can start with a free account and play. Learn how to use a wiki, see if it is something that you can use. If it is, you can always upgrade (I am still playing right now). You get 10M of storage with the free account, which is a lot of text. If want to store images and files, you will probably want to upgrade and get the 1000M of storage.

Their privacy policy seems to be pretty good. A company's privacy policy is only good as long it is not sold, but that is the same with anything else on the web. Use you own judgement.

So head over to PeanutButter Wiki and get your own wiki. Can't think of any good reasons not to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home